We bring decades of education and experience to our "small lot" winegrowing. Unlike the big wineries that produce every varietal under the sun, we specialize in a handful of wines – all in small quantities - under four labels:
TEXTBOOK – Napa Valley
Napa Valley produces less than 5% of California's wines and is without peer when it comes to producing North America's finest Cabernet Sauvignon. TEXTBOOK specializes in small lots of critically-acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Chardonnay from some of Napa Valley best vineyards.
"Outstanding" – Robert Parker
"Outstanding" – The Wine Spectator
"Outstanding" – Stephen Tanzer
- 2010 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon "Mise en place", Oakville District, Napa Valley
- 2011 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- 2008 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon, "Saut de cerf", Stags Leap District, Napa Valley
- 2010 TEXTBOOK Merlot, "Fin de Journée", Napa Valley
- 2010 TEXTBOOK Proprietary Red, "Page-Turner", Oakville District, Napa Valley
- 2011 TEXTBOOK Chardonnay, "Fin de Journée", Napa Valley
Pey-Marin Vineyards – Marin County
Pey-Marin Vineyards is a pioneer in the chilly coastal hills of Marin County, just north of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge. This rugged locale is perfectly suited for crafting small lots of northern European varieties, especially Pinot Noir and Riesling.
- 2012 Pey-Marin Vineyards Riesling "The Shell Mound", Marin County
- 2010 Pey-Marin Vineyards Pinot Noir "Trois Filles", Marin County
Spicerack Vineyards – Sonoma County
The cool climate and hillside vineyards of the Sonoma County are ideal for crafting Syrah. Spicerack "Punchdown" Syrah illustrates how careful winemaking can deliver a full-flavored yet balanced Syrah with the propensity to improve in bottle.
"THE FORAGER" embraces the best of Burgundys "Negociant-Viticulteur" principles. It is crafted from grapes we have foraged from other small growers along the coast along with some of our own barrels.