We bring decades of education and experience to our "small lot" winegrowing. Unlike the big wineries that produce every varietal under the sun, we specialize in a handful of wines – all in small quantities - under four labels:
TEXTBOOK – Napa Valley
Napa Valley produces less than 5% of California's wines and is without peer when it comes to producing North America's finest Cabernet Sauvignon. TEXTBOOK specializes in small lots of critically-acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Chardonnay from some of Napa Valley best vineyards.
"Outstanding" – Robert Parker
"Outstanding" – The Wine Spectator
"Outstanding" – Stephen Tanzer
- 2013 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon "Stagecoach Vineyard", Coombsville District, Napa Valley
- 2012 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon "Mise en place", Oakville District, Napa Valley
- 2013 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- 2012 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon "La Poussiere", Rutherford District, Napa Valley
- 2008 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon, "Saut de cerf", Stags Leap District, Napa Valley
- 2013 TEXTBOOK Merlot, Napa Valley
- 2012 TEXTBOOK Proprietary Red, "Page-Turner", Oakville District, Napa Valley
- 2013 TEXTBOOK Chardonnay, Napa Valley
Pey-Marin – Marin County
Pey-Marin Vineyards is a pioneer in the chilly coastal hills of Marin County, just north of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge. This rugged locale is perfectly suited for crafting small lots of northern European varieties, especially Pinot Noir and Riesling.
"The best Riesling in northern California." – Santa Rosa Press Democrat
90 POINTS, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - 2013 Pinot Noir - Wine Enthusiast Magazine
- 2013 Pey-Marin Vineyards Riesling "The Shell Mound", Marin County
- 2013 Pey-Marin Vineyards Pinot Noir "Trois Filles", Marin County
Spicerack – Sonoma Coast
The cool climate and hillside vineyards of the Sonoma Coast are ideal for crafting Syrah. Spicerack "Punchdown" Syrah illustrates how careful winemaking can deliver a full-flavored yet balanced Syrah with the propensity to improve in bottle.
THE FORAGER Pinot Noir illustrates that careful, experienced selection and blending of Pinot Noir lots grown in diverse coastal locations can deliver delicious flavors and interest without the luxury “single-vineyard” price tag.
"Brilliant bottles of Pinot Noir that over deliver." – San Francisco Chronicle