We bring decades of education and experience to our "small lot" winegrowing. Unlike the big wineries that produce every varietal under the sun, we specialize in a handful of wines – all in small quantities - under four labels:
TEXTBOOK – Napa Valley
Napa Valley produces less than 5% of California's wines and is without peer when it comes to producing North America's finest Cabernet Sauvignon. TEXTBOOK specializes in small lots of critically-acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Chardonnay from some of Napa Valley best vineyards.
"Outstanding" – Robert Parker
"Outstanding" – The Wine Spectator
"Outstanding" – Stephen Tanzer
- 2013 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon "Stagecoach Vineyard", Napa Valley
- 2013 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon "Mise en place", Oakville District, Napa Valley
- 2014 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon "Mise en place," Oakville District, Napa Valley
- 2014 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- 2014 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon "La Poussiere", Rutherford District, Napa Valley
- 2008 TEXTBOOK Cabernet Sauvignon, "Saut de cerf", Stags Leap District, Napa Valley
- 2014 TEXTBOOK Proprietary Red, "Page-Turner", Oakville District, Napa Valley
- 2015 TEXTBOOK Chardonnay, Napa Valley
- 2015 TEXTBOOK Merlot, Napa Valley
Pey-Marin – Marin County
Pey-Marin Vineyards is a pioneer in the chilly coastal hills of Marin County, just north of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge. This rugged locale is perfectly suited for crafting small lots of northern European varieties, especially Pinot Noir and Riesling.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - Wine Enthusiast, Sept 2016
"The best Riesling in northern California." – Santa Rosa Press Democrat
92 POINTS, CELLAR SELECTION - Wine Enthusiast, Nov 2016
- 2015 Pey-Marin Vineyards Riesling "The Shell Mound", Marin County
- 2015 Pey-Marin Vineyards Pinot Noir "Trois Filles", Marin County
Spicerack – Sonoma County
The cool climate and hillside vineyards of the Sonoma County are ideal for crafting Syrah. Spicerack Syrah illustrates how careful winemaking can deliver a full-flavored yet balanced Syrah with the propensity to improve in bottle.
THE FORAGER illustrates that careful, experienced selection and blending of lots grown in diverse coastal locations can deliver delicious flavors and interest without the luxury “single-vineyard” price tag.
"Brilliant bottles of Pinot Noir that over deliver." – San Francisco Chronicle
- 2016 THE FORAGER Vin Gris, Mendocino County - NEW RELEASE!
- 2015 THE FORAGER Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast
- 2014 THE FORAGER Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
- 2015 THE FORAGER Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast
- 2014 THE FORAGER Cabernet Sauvignon, Mendocino County