2018 Pey-Marin Dry Riesling "The Shell Mound," Marin County
- A refreshingly crisp and bone-dry Riesling grown on the chilly western coast of Marin County
- Rare "Neustadt" clone offers a bright, steely and very delicate aromatic and flavor profile at modest alcohol
- Twenty-eight year-old site in deep, sandy soils provide excellent conditions for a truly unique wine
- No oak, no malo, and no blending showcases purity of well-drained, mature site and unique clonal provenance
"This medium-bodied wine's message is not one of "fruitness" per se, and it very much adheres to the bone-dry, mineral-inflected Riesling model favored by Pey-Marin. It is rounded on entry and firms as it crosses the palate before finishing on grapefruit notes punctuated by suggestions of wet stones. Structure is the keynote here, and, while a cleansing companion to meaty fish at the moment, it is, as its predecessors from Pey-Marin have consistently proven, a wine that can be safely cellared and will grow for a half-decade and more. "
– Connoisseurs Guide to California Wine